Wannabe Writer

  Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.

    
     Welcome to my blog!  I confess I'm a wanna-be writer.  I've loved the printed word since I began learning to read.  For years I've been an avid reader, and the passion for the rest of the story can seriously interrupt my life, until the last page of the book is turned.
     Six years ago I began writing a book about my parents.  Their love story had been tucked deep inside my heart for many, many years.  I yearned for the opportunity to tell about the life they shared to a really good author, maybe Nicholas Sparks, and watch him work his magic into a riveting book and possibly a movie, so the rest of the world could know what I knew.  But, successful authors are hard to reach!
     So I knew if their story was told, it was up to me to do the telling.  Where do I begin?  How do I do this?  This thing I want to do...to tell the world about the two people who gave me life.  I began to pull to the surface the memories, some happy and some painful, written in black ink on stark white paper and bound into a book that I was bold enough to share with others.  What would they say after they read it?  Had I been capable of explaining what I felt?  Then would they know what I knew?
     My bookHer Final Gift, was the result of four years of struggle and yes, sometimes tears, to tell the love story of Harmon and Eula Dunlap. It was gratifying to see it in print, and know that their story in book form was resting on bookshelves in many homes all across America. No, it didn't make the New York Times bestseller list, but it did touch many hearts.
                                               
                                                   

                                   

     Many people who came to my book signings felt compelled to tell me that they too had always wanted to write a book.  Some had even started a book, as long ago as ten years before, but they'd never finished it.  Everyone has a love story, some beautiful, some inspiring, some tragic, some still being written.  But everyone has one, and everyone loves their own.  What are you waiting for?
     I'm not sure what I will blog about, I just want to write.  We have so many avenues available to us today that provide a place to share our words.  If you want to write, then write, start today and see how your words can impact someone else.

     Are you someone who has A Book Unwritten?

 

Comments

Popular Posts